Computer Repairs and Purchases
Please visit http://www.stevens.edu/csc/ for information about purchasing a computer through Stevens.
- This service agreement shall be effective from the day of pick-up of computer equipment by user at the Computer Service Center (CSC). It will automatically be renewed for a period not to exceed four years. This agreement is terminated upon seperation from Stevens Institute of Technology.
- All repairs deemed necessary to keep the notebook in working order must be done. This includes repairs not covered by the vendors warranty and will be billed to the user.
- The technology fee will be billed to individual user's Stevens account on a per semester basis by Stevens business office.
Eligibility for service agreement
- Equipment is eligible for service under this agreement provided its condition, in the opinion of the CSC, is not due to improper treatment or use.
- If the equipment has been previously used prior to the commencement date of the agreement, equipment repairs and/or adjustments that CSC determines to be necessary shall be made at CSC's rates/terms and conditions then in effect.
- Apple computers are not covered under these terms. For Student Apple machines please refer to the blue book that came with your machine or go to Mac Warranty Info page.
Service Responsibilities of Computer Service Center
- CSC, at its option, shall repair or replace equipment or material properly returned for service after receipt of material. Service may include the replacement of parts deemed necessary by CSC. All such parts shall be standard parts or parts of equal quality. Replaced parts shall become the property of CSC.
- In the event newly installed third party modules cause incompatibility or other interference within the system, the user accepts the responsibility for modifications or repair of the equipment.
- A limited number of loaners will be available while the computer is being serviced.
Service limitations and responsibilities of PC users
- PC users shall indicate a list of equipment to be serviced under this agreement by completing a service form at CSC front desk.
- Repair service does not include operating supplies, consumable items such as notebook batteries, accessories, paint, refinishing the equipment or furnishing refinishing products.
- It is the responsibility of all PC users to transport all equipment to CSC. All transportation charges, if any, shall be the responsibility of the PC user.
- CSC is not responsible for any repaired equipment left at CSC for a period of more than two (2) weeks.
- Prior to installation of accessories or hardware upgrades, user will bring equipment to CSC for installation assistance and verification.
Limitations of Liability
- Services do not include:
- Repairs made necessary due to user neglect.
- Replacement of missing parts.
- Replacement of plastic parts.
- Performance of normal operator functions as described in operator's guide.
- Increase in service time resulting from operator neglect or unique applications or misapplications.
- Performance of services not included in section 3 will be charged in accordance with CSC's rates/terms and conditions then in effect.
- Services do not include maintenance for support of operating systems and applications of software or hardware malfunctions caused by or related to defects in software.
- CSC is not responsible for repairs necessitated by PC users alterations of equipment or for the repair of unspecified accessories which may be attached to equipment.
- CSC is not responsible for any loss of data from a computer while that computer is under repair. CSC is not responsible for any consequential damages due to repair of any computer.
- All software questions should be directed to the information technology consulting staff at the Computer Helpdesk.